Monday, February 13, 2012

Chicken Piccata


Chicken Piccata is my favourite childhood meal. I used to ask my mom to make it for me on my birthday and to this day, I still love it! I obviously had really good taste as a kid. It's really flavourful with a tangy, lemony sauce on top of perfectly pan-fried chicken (or turkey) scallopini. It's quick and easy to make but at the same time, really impressive!

Chicken (or Turkey) Piccata

Ingredients
chicken or turkey scallopini (thin slices)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 parmesean cheese
1 teas salt
1/2 teas pepper
juice from 2 lemons
1 egg
1 egg yolk beaten
1 cube beef bouillon (dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water)
1/4 cup dry white wine
parsley, chopped for garnish

Directions
- Mix flour, cheese, salt and pepper
- Beat egg
- Dip chicken/turkey in egg and then in flour mixture
- Saute slices until light brown and cooked through (a few minutes on each side)
- Set aside, sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover with tine foil

For the gravy...
- Mix bouillon, wine and egg yolk (temper the egg yolk so it doesn't cook)
- Add mixture to the skillet
- Bring to a boil and stir vigorously until the sauce thickens
- Add some lemon juice (about 2 tsp)
(for thicker gravy, add a mixture of 1 tbsp of cornstarch to 3 tsp of water to the sauce)
- Spoon sauce on top of chicken, serve with lemon and chopped parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment