Sunday, February 26, 2012

Mounds Brownies

Do you ever see a recipe that turns you on so much that you can't stop thinking about it?!!?!?! Like a recipe that's always in the back of your mind just BEGGING you to make it? A recipe that you DREAM about?!?!?!?! This is that recipe for me. I spotted it on Food Gawker a few months ago, and I have NOT been able to stop thinking about it!!!

I don't eat candy bars, but if there is an Almond Joy or a Mounds candy bar anywhere near me, I'll do just about ANYTHING for a bite (I really do mean ANYTHING!). And when I saw these Mounds-like brownies posted on this blog I just KNEW I had to make them.

But I couldn't think of a good reason to make them. I didn't have any big parties or potlucks coming up. No one's birthdays (that I hadn't already planned other delicious treats for), no one I know got promoted, or engaged, or had something really fantastic happen to them that gave me a great excuse to make these brownies. So, alas, I had to just make them. And I did. And they were good. Like, REALLY good. So good in fact, that after one brownie (okay, maybe two. I mean three. FOUR. Okay, four....) I had to give them away. I just couldn't have them around me because they were so tasty I knew I wouldn't be able to stop myself from eating the whole pan. Gosh... just thinking about them brings a chocolate covered smile to my face :-) I highly recommend making them if you ever get a chance. And I know I say that about ever recipe I post, but I really mean it this time. Make them!!

Picture and recipe are courtesy of Katrina over at In Katrina's Kitchen.


Ingredients:
  • 1 Family Size (9x13) pan of brownies, prepared
  • 5 1/3 Cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
  • 14oz Can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 ½ Cups powdered sugar
  • 1 Can of chocolate frosting
Directions:
1. Prepare brownies and let cool completely.
2. In the bowl of your mixer combine coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Spread coconut mixture over brownies.
4. Place can of frosting in the microwave for 10 seconds (please be sure to remove foil liner and lid) until pourable.
5. Pour frosting over the coconut mixture. Let cool and set up.

Food for Thought:
Here is my suggestions for the recipe. I couldn't find unsweetened coconut so I just used sweetened coconut and cut the amount of powdered sugar down to 1/3 cup. I found the brownies to be pretty sweet though, so I think next time I make them I"ll use sweetened coconut and omit the powdered sugar all together. :-)

1 comment:

  1. this looks soooo good! i love coconut! bounty is one of my favourite chocolate bars!

    ReplyDelete