Sunday, November 13, 2011

Breakfast Time

I recently went for two heavenly breakfasts. The first was Lawrence on St. Laurent. I had the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Where do I start? The creamy, mouthwatering scrambled eggs are topped on crunchy, yet soft french bread. And beside the egg and bread combo are thick pieces of fresh smoked salmon (almost sashimi-like)... so rich and delish! We had a side of 'bubble and squeak' which were very tasty potatoes/homefries. They were crispy and well-done on the outside and pure mush inside. We waited for an hour to get a table. Was it worth it? Well, I'd probably wait until Lawrence was a little less trendy... an hour is a LONG time for a hungry girl to wait for food.

Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs

'Bubble and Squeak' Potatoes

The second place I went to was one of my favorite brunch places, Figaro. I'm sure everything is delicious at Figaro but I ALWAYS have the same two things because they are soooo good. On this particular day I had, Le Brunch. Le Brunch comes with two rolled crepes stuffed with ham, cheese and silky scrambled eggs. A feta and spinach boureka-like pastry, along with fresh fruit comes on the side. It's served with maple syrup, wonderful coffee and freshly squeezed orange juice. It's one of my favourite breakfasts in Montreal. 

Le Brunch

1 comment: