Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ice House

I went to Ice House last week with my friend, Greg. We had such a good meal! The menu is written on the chalk board above the kitchen and is filled with southern and tex-mex food such as Texan style tacos and burritos, southern sandwiches, fried chicken and ribs. We shared a half bucket of ribs and a half bucket of fried chicken. There are no plates so they put down a large piece of brown butcher paper and dumped the bucket of each right in the middle of us. It came with potato salad and coleslaw and we ordered some fries. The ribs were tender and the meat fell right off the bone. They were slathered in Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce which was amazing! The fried chicken blew me away! It was the opposite of dry... the chicken was sooo juicy and soft on the inside and the batter was crispy and perfect. I couldn't get over how much I loved it. The french fries had a little bit of sweetness to them and were wonderful. This was definitely not a fork and knife, neat and tidy kinda meal. The before and after pictures say it all! I can't wait to go back!!!

BEFORE

AFTER

1 comment: