Sunday, January 29, 2012

Delicious yummies that have kept me busy (and full)

MEGAN!!!
Wow, you have been eating so well since you got home!!! Ahhh I can't wait to come visit you and you can take me to all these places. I am especially interested in going to that rib/chicken place. That looks to die for!!!

You know how much I love cupcakes. LOVE THEM! Well take a look at these little guys. Katie over at Dashing Dish made these beauties. I really like her blog, she has great low-fat recipes, including these cupcakes. I made them for a party, and they were DELICIOUS! The cupcake was SO easy to make (only three ingredients) and they were super dense and tasty! Katie made hers with a cool whip frosting, but I made a cream cheese frosting for mine. I really loved the pumpkin/cream cheese combo. They tasted like fall, and they fulfilled all my fall fantasies! Make them, they're to die for. (PS, this is Katie's photo, not mine.)

Here's another photo and recipe from Dashing Dish! Another win! I made this cheesy broccoli soup for the fam a few weeks ago and it was a hit. I did make a few changes to the recipe though. I added a little fat free half and half at the end to make it a little more creamy and I added extra cheddar cheese. I loved the addition of the cream, but I must say, I went overboard on the extra cheese. Next time I make it I"ll add less cheese. But seriously, this soup was so easy and really good. It was a great fall soup!

Speaking of soup, I miss our shabu shabu place! Mmmmm, I could really go for a nice warm bowl of Shabs right about now. Man, I miss that place. Oh, the memories it brings back :-) I hope I can make it back to Seoul one day so I can go back there!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I love this dip. LOVE IT! Gina at Skinny Taste created this little gem, and oh ma gosh! I could eat it every day. Notevenkidding! Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip. My mouth is watering just thinking about it, and I've already made it like THREE TIMES since I got home, that's how good it is!

Can't wait to eat this stuff again. Seriously, make it! The first two times I made it, I added extra cheese, because why not!?!?! And the first time I made it, I forgot the garlic (who does that!?!?!?!) and the second time I made it, I made it with EXTRA garlic, and an onion instead of shallots, and I thought it was better the second time. Every time I make it I've doubled the recipe, and ever time there isn't any left at the end of the party! Make this dip please, you won't regret it!!!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm, all three of these look delicious! i want those pumpkin cupcakes right now!

    ReplyDelete