Friday, January 13, 2012

New York Culinary Adventure

I love New York City. I love it because I love to eat! This time around, my friends and I spent 3 days eating and searching for the most delicious food we could find! I think we accomplished our goal. Here are some pictures of our NYC culinary adventure!

Chocolate Decadence French Toast at Norma's
It's made with a yogurt, chocolate loaf cake, soaked in egg and fried like french toast. Each layer is topped with strawberries cooked in butter, brown sugar and Grand Marnier.The whole thing is topped with homemade whipped cream, pistachios and chocolate sauce. I have never in my life experienced anything like this. If only once, everyone should try this dish!

Upstream Eggs Benedict at Norma's
The poached eggs are served on buttermilk pancakes topped with the most silky hollandaise sauce and caviar. It comes with fingerling potatoes which are salty and cooked to perfection. The best part, the side of smoked salmon. They give you a nice serving (which is great 'cause this breakfast was NOT cheap). The salmon is cut thick with a great smoky flavor. I have had A LOT of smoked salmon in my life and I'm not exaggerating when I say that this was the best smoked salmon I have ever had! 

Artychoked Benedict at Norma's
The artichoke eggs benedict is topped with a truffle porcini sauce. And yes it's as good as it looks!

Fried goat cheese (with lavender infused honey) at Alta

Crispy brussel sprouts ( with fuji apples, creme fraiche and pistachios) at Alta

 Bruschetta Of Spinach & Mascarpone (dried turkish figs, pine nuts, parmesan & balsamic) at Alta

Fritto Misto De Mare (shrimp, calamari, whiting, sepia & sardine crisply fried with sea salt) at Alta

Angus Beef Slider In Turkish Yufka Pastry (mahon cheese, pickle relish, spiced ketchup) at Alta

Grilled Smoked Mozzarella Skewer (san marzano tomato & piquillo pepper marinara, fried basil) at Alta

Deep Fried Oreos espresso chip ice cream, coffee shake shot at Cafeteria

Liege Waffle with nutella and powdered sugar at Waffles & Dinges (Food Truck)

Fresh New England Clam Chowder at The Lobster Place (in Chelsea Market)

Tuna Tartare Spring Roll crispy shallot, ponzu at Buddakan

Edamame Dumplings shallot-sauternes broth at Buddakan
The most delicious, creamy, silky little dumplings!! I can't stop thinking about them!

Mushroom & Sugar Snap Siu Mei shiitake, hon shimeji at Buddakan

Boneless Spare Ribs chinese mustard at Buddakan

Sesame Shrimp Toast soy sauce, spicy mustard at Buddakan

Sweet & Crispy Jumbo Shrimp citrus salad, radish at Buddakan

Glazed Alaskan Black Cod chili eggplant, black bean relish

Warm Almond Bread Pudding with maple butterscotch, bananas and whiskey ice cream


No comments:

Post a Comment