Friday, January 13, 2012

Lola Rosa

When I first heard of Lola Rosa, I was NOT interested. With an all vegetarian menu, I thought, "absolutely not for me". I was VERY VERY wrong! Lola Rosa makes non-meat dishes beautiful and tasty. I actually forgot I was at a veggy restaurant. The menu is exciting and enticing! I want to try everything!! I've been there before and I've had the lasagna and nachos. Both are ridiculously good! Luckily (for me) it's not a vegan restaurant so cheese is EVERYWHERE on the menu.

This time around I had the quiche of the day which was a ricotta and spinach quiche with a side of chickpeas, delicious green salad and rice. The quiche was moist and full of flavour! I did not want to finish!! My friends shared the Salad Rosa which is a salad of romaine lettuce, beets, carrots, chick peas, green and red peppers, green onions, tomatoes, avocado, feta cheese, olives, hot peppers, sprouts, oranges and cucumbers. The salad comes with a homemade tahini dressing. It was not only tasty and healthy, but really pretty! They also shared the hemp burger. It was made with hemp seeds and lentils, spiced with garlic, onions and a dash of curry.  It was served on a toasted bagel with a side salad and salsa.  They were skeptical but intrigued. They made a great choice! I thought I would hate it (hemp seeds and lentils in a burger?) but after one bite, I kind of wished I ordered it, too! And dessert... oh man... they know dessert at Lola Rosa! Everything is homemade and fresh! We shared the brownie and the pumpkin pie. The brownie was rich and melted in your mouth. The pumpkin pie was served warm with a scoop of ice cream. I don't think I have ever had homemade pumpkin pie. It was insane! The waitress heard us talking about how good the desserts were and brought us over a sliver of their key lime pie to taste! I know what I'm ordering next time!


My ricotta and spinach quiche

The Salad Rosa

The Hemp Burger

The brownie and pumpkin pie

2 comments:

  1. The chocolate french toast kind of makes me sick to look at (because I don't really like french toast) but everything at alta looks AMAZING. How do the goat cheese balls compare to sala? Also, I thought the clam chowder was ice cream, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were really good at Alta but I still like them the best at Sala Rosa. And if you like chocolate cake, you would like the french toast.

    ReplyDelete