Thursday, February 9, 2012

L'Express

I've been wanting to go to L'Express for a while. I finally went with a friend of mine this week. It did not disappoint. The food was elegant and really delicious! My only complaint would be the service. Understandably, it was a very busy night but we were waiting to be served for quite a while. My friend, Greg, had to ask for the pickles that seemed to be on every table but ours. He also had to ask for plates (for our pickles and bread) which we did not get. We were so hungry that Greg was eating the pickles right out of the jar (very classy, I know). Finally we were served and the food made up for the slow service.

I had the Fresh Poached Salmon with Chervil. Chervil is a plant in the parsley family. It was mixed into the mashed potatoes to make them green. A light, lemony, creamy sauce filled the plate around the salmon and mashed potatoes. I could not stop telling Greg how good it was. The flavours of the poached salmon, the herbed mashed potatoes and the lemony sauce went so well together. Every bite was a party in my mouth! I don't say this often but I will 100% get the same dish when I go back. Greg had the Hanger Steak with Shallot Butter and Fries. It was a very good steak, cooked and seasoned to perfection. If you are in the mood for steak-frites, I would suggest getting it here! For dessert, we had the Chocolate Torte. It was absolutely beautiful but way to rich for us. I wouldn't get it again. Next time... I want the apple and pear pudding! I give L'Express an A+... the food was so good, I completely forgot about the service.

Fresh Poached Salmon with Chervil
(The potatoes were a much lighter green in person)

Hanger Steak with Shallot Butter and Fries

Chocolate Torte

No comments:

Post a Comment