Monday, March 5, 2012

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

The weather hasn't been so great down here these days, and what better way to celebrate the rain than with soup! I love me some soup and I've been craving it a lot lately.
I made this creamy chicken noodle soup for Justin a few nights ago and we both agreed it was a success! Chicken noodle soup is always a great winter staple, and this version is just amped up a little bit!
I originally found this recipe on Let's Dish, and I made a few little tweaks.

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons butter
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
6 cups chicken broth
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts- cooked
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
8 oz pasta/noodles of your choice
1 tsp poultry seasoning
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preparation:

1. Chop up the celery, carrots and onion and put them in a large soup pot with the butter and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper and let simmer for a few minutes.
3. Add cream of chicken soup and milk and let the soup cook up.
4. Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to package directions and chop up your chicken breast into small cubes.
5. A few minutes before you're ready to serve, add the cooked pasta and chicken to the soup.

Food for thought:
I found that cooking the pasta a few minutes less than the package said was a good idea because they continue to cook a bit when they get added to the soup. Since it was just Justin and I eating, we ended up with LOTS of leftovers, this recipe makes a lot of soup! I put all the leftovers in the fridge, and by the next day, a lot of the broth was soaked up, so I had to add some chicken broth to the soup when I reheated it. Also, the noodles were a little soggy the next day.

All in all, a great soup for the winter months! Make it soon, Spring is just around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment