Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Garde Manger

I went to Chuck Hughes' (from the food network- 'Chuck's Day Off') restaurant a few weeks ago and let me tell you, it was incredible! I've heard mixed things about the restaurant but I have no idea what people are talking about. Everything we ate, tasted amazing. I started off with a giant Caesar. In it, came a HUGE crab's leg. That was definitely the best cocktail I've ever had. We then shared the lobster poutine. It was as good as it sounds.... thin cut fries, covered in lobster bisque gravy, cheese curds and pieces of lobster. My friend, Anna, started off with a tomato and avocado salad with cubes of deep fried cheddar! For dinner, Shoshi and I had the braised beef short ribs and crispy roasted potatoes on top of a cauliflower and goat cheese puree. The meat melted in your mouth. The puree was possibly one of the best tasting things I've ever had. However, the dish was very rich, especially after a lobster poutine. Anna had the halibut with basmati rice and Sarah had scallops and gnocchi with butternut squash butter. They both loved their meal! To finish off this already superb dining experience, we shared a deep fried mars bar with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Everyone should have that at least once in their life.

   Giant Caesar

 Lobster Poutine

Tomato and Avocado Salad with Fried Cheese

 Braised Short Ribs, Roasted Potatoes over Cauliflower and Goat Cheese Puree

 Deep Fried Mars Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment